Oct 14, 2008

Round 1 of Reviews

Ok, so I might as well dive in and give you a more detailed recap of the weekend.

Friday, Jason and I left town around ten to head up to Vail for the weekend. We made it up there just in time for some lunch on the patio of a cute little place in Vail Village. The sun was shining and we sat on the patio just soaking in the first day of a 3-day weekend.

We then went and checked into the hotel:
We stayed at the Arrabelle - a Rock Resorts property and it was just incredible. Loved it and highly recommend checking it out if you ever need a fab place to stay in the Vail valley. The prices are a little steep in the winter, but offseason specials are GREAT.

Friday night we went to have dinner at Larkspur based on Lauren's recommendation. OMG! It was a great meal. They were running a three course special for $39 and 50% off all bottles of wine. Jason and I split a bottle of white wine. I started with the butternut squash soup, it had one fried rock shirmp in it, and oh man, that stuff was so good. I'm going to try my hand at making butternut squash soup soon. Then for my entree I had the Maine sea scallops and they were delightful, followed up by the BEST dessert ever. I had green tea creme brulee. I know sounds a little strange, but it was killer.

I failed to mention that the staff of the Arrabelle drives you everywhere you need to go, so they came and picked us up from dinner and then we headed straight for the roof-top hot tub. Couldn't ask for a better day one in Vail - stay tuned for the not to be missed recap of Day 2.

No comments: