Feb 6, 2008

Mail Call

In college we had a guest lecturer who had a million stories in his pocket. He had worked as a trainer for the 76ers and then moved onto working at Nike and created his own role – the Katalyst. He generated ideas, encouraged play, spread inspiration and shared his passion for life. He is an agent for social change. Kevin Carroll has chased his dreams all his life and asked others to do the same. He is the author of a very well crafted and written book called “Rules of the Red Rubber Ball,” which I recommend you check out if you haven’t had your chance to lay your hands on a copy. Check out his blog at http://www.kevincarrollkatalyst.com/

During every speaking engagement I attended Kevin provided a slew of great reading materials that inspired him, forced him to think differently, or encouraged him to keep seeking life out of the everyday. One of the first times I attended one of Kevin’s lectures he recommended a fledgling magazine called Fast Company. Since that lecture I have been a loyal subscriber. Each month I look forward finding the latest issue in my mailbox. Every copy of Fast Company is stuffed full of business innovations, technology advances, leadership insights and social responsibility. They also have a great blog that you can access without being a subscriber of the magazine. I suggest checking it out also.

No comments: