May 5, 2008

Weekend Update Report

Change the World, Start at Home. Project Green Streets was so much fun on Friday. We planted a couple dozen trees, picked up some trash and helped make the Curtis Park and Park Avenue neighborhood beautiful. I took a whole slew of pictures, here is just a sneak peek:
We had a couple people ask why we were planting trees, and they were so happy that we were paying attention to their streets.

Friday night Jason cooked me a great dinner while I cleaned up the house some. Then we ran a couple errands and I got a couple new spring shirts.

Saturday we went up to Flatirons Mall and did some more shopping, three hours of shopping and the only thing I bought was a new lunch bag from Pottery Barn - I couldn't find a single pair of pants or any tops that I couldn't live without. We also had lunch at Hot Dog on a Stick, which I had never had before, but it was so good! Best corndog of my life - plus they even have veggie corn dogs - too cool. Saturday afternoon I watched 27 dresses, which I though was entertaining, but not as great as I hoped it would be. Then for dinner we headed to the new-ish Bonefish Grill over in the Tech Center. I had never been there before, but it was fab. I had the best salad, wine, bread, shrimp, it was so tasty.

Sunday I headed to my parents house to drop off my recycling and to go shopping with my mom for a dress for a graduation we are going to, but I couldn't find a dress that didn't make me look like I was a "soccer mom" or a "tween."

Now back to Monday. I'm heading out early today for a doctor appointment and then will be working from home in the afternoon for about 2 hours.

No comments: