Aug 12, 2008

3-Day Weekend Celebration

Oh my what a weekend.

Friday started off with a half day of work then some spa time with mom getting the toes and fingers pampered. Then Jason and I ordered some great Chinese food, plopped in front of the TV and took in the opening ceremonies of the Beijing games. I do love me some Olympics.

Saturday, my birthday, I woke up excited for the fun of the day. We made our way down to Colorado Springs to go to Olympic training center (which the lady at the spa made fun of me for wanting to go there), but I really enjoyed the tour. We also did some shopping in Old Colorado City and went to Garden of the Gods. We had dinner plans at 8 Rivers, which 5280 had highly recommended. No shame to Jason, but I really did not enjoy the place. It was tiny, which would have made for a great intimate place to dine, but the service wasn't great, and the food was just average. Next time, I will hold out for some Cuba Cuba or Zengo's.

Sunday was a relaxing morning of more Olympic coverage and then we did a little shopping at the mall and the scrapbook store and met up with my parents for dinner. We went to Southlands and ate at McCabe's Irish Bistro & Pub. The menu was rather large but the service was HORRIBLE. There was only one other table in our section and it took over an hour from when we got there and ordered to when we got our food. Plus they were out of certain items that were supposed to come with our meal, and did not inform us prior to us pointing it out, at which we the server so kindly said "What is the problem, what do you need?" Needless to say, we won't be going back there either.

Yesterday I had taken the day off to enjoy a nice long weekend. We had talked about going to WaterWorld but decided to just hang low. We did go to the pool, which is a first for the year. It was so nice to just lay out and read a good celebrity trash magazine. I ended up doing some more painting in my house, painting the hallway. Now the only walls left to repaint is my bedroom and master bath and the entire place would have seen new paint. Then I cooked up a mean lagasna. Lauren and Andrew came over to watch some Olympic coverage of Andrew's father, who works with the men's volleyball team. We ate some fab brownies with ice cream (which I'm still dreaming about it was that tasty).

Now deep into the busy work week, ready for a weekend of more celebrations for Kristin's birthday and house warming party!

No comments: