Jun 15, 2009

I Live For Weekends

Maybe I recap every weekend detail as I attempt to relive it, making the upcoming weekend seem not the distant.

I really do enjoyed compressed work weeks when my 3-day weekend finally rolls around, otherwise I debate everyday going back to a normal schedule.

As for this weekend, of course jammed packed with goodness.

Friday - one of the blessings of Jason not currently being employed (anyone need an experienced marketing professional?) would be that we get to spend the day together doing whatever our hearts desire. We started out pretty early running massive errands - still had a few returns to make from the wedding, as well as I was looking for some new shoes for a weddding we will be going to in a few weeks. We made stops at: Crate & Barrel (yay for gift cards), Hobby Lobby, Victoria's Secret and Steinmart before we were spent and headed for lunch. We tried a newer place in town called Tocabe - if you are near the Highlands {GO}! It was a great little place serving Fry Bread tacos - loves it! After lunch we stopped at AAA to get some information on Yellowstone, then stopped at Barnes & Nobel for more Yellowstone goods and then lastly hit Target for some new sandles, picked up pictures at Walmart and selected the perfect gnome for my mother's garden from the local garden store. After a decent nap at home, we BBQ up some dinner and basically relaxed.

Saturday we celebrated my wonderful mother's birthday a few days early by venturing to the Paris Flea Market at the Ballpark market. I think I like the Aspen Grove one a little better, but this was still very fun. I got a beautiful flower pendendant and a pearl necklace. After we headed to Racines for lunch - I very much enjoyed their wedge salad. Back at their house we opened presents, enjoyed some carrot cake, and sat in the sun enjoying the day. Rented He's Just Not That Into You and actually I thought it was pretty good.

Sunday of course grocery store, followed by picking out the paint for the bedroom and bathroom. I painted about half a wall in the bedroom and will finish it up tonight and tomorrow night. It should look pretty nice when it is done. Finally wrapped up the day at the Bed, Bath & Beyond registry completion event were Jason and I won a brand new Calphalone pot and pan set. Not sure what will do with another new pot and pan set - but heck yeah for winning door prizes!

No comments: