Jun 21, 2010

A Little Splash of Summer

Some weekends feel full. Like you were able to live and get the most from those days. This weekend was one of those.

Friday night I finally finished planting all of my flowers. My window box has been empty while those baby birds grew up. With the patio all clean we were able to enjoy popsicles while the night settled in.


Saturday we got up early and headed to the Farmer's Market. I love the Farmer's Market - I wanted to buy all sorts of goodies, but we only got a pound of fresh snap peas. After that we went over to the Greek Fest, and I was so disappointed. The food was not everything I had been dreaming of, and the entire festival just lacked the festival feeling. After feeling let down with the Greeks, we grabbed a Sonic drink and headed to the club pool. I loved spending the afternoon at the club soaking up the sun. I jumped off the diving board just like the kiddos. Then I wrapped out the day by going to a party at my "train friend's" house.

Sunday I ran typical Sunday errands (have you missed hearing this dear reader), and then soaked up some more sun at the nieghborhood pool. In the afternoon I met up with Jason at his parents' house for BBQ and Father's Day celebration. We had celebrated Father's Day with my folks the weekend before. We dined on the patio and it was just so perfectly summer.

No comments: