Jun 24, 2010

My Favorite Macaroni Salad Recipe

From my early childhood I always remember my mom pulling out an old cookbook with a page that was dog earred, and the spine was cracked just so that it would open easily to a page with the best macaroni salad recipe. We made it every so often and although we could have made it in the dead of winter, yet the salad reminds me of summer.

Ingredients:
1 cup elbow macaroni
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup cubed American cheese
3 tbsps apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp dried dill
Salt & Pepper to taste

Boil the pasta until cooked. Drain. Mix the remaining ingredients and combine with pasta. Refrigerate 1-2 hours. Serve chilled.

We have eaten this salad two nights this week and it already feels more like we are celebrating summer that it did last week. Check that goal off the list.

No comments: