Jan 30, 2008

It's Not That Easy Being Green

For New Year's my mother vowed to make herself a bit greener in 2008. I'm not talking the lovely shade you turn while leaning over the side of a ship swaying in a stormy sea, or the pantone one's thumb turns after picking weeds all day - I'm referring to easing your footprint on the wide world around us. I suppose the apple doesn't fall far from the tree because I'm slowly trying to become more green too.

I never made a conscious decision to take mass transit, but I commute everyday to downtown Denver to get to work. By the time I factor in parking and the gas it takes to drive 20 miles each way it just made economic sense to take the light rail for only $6 roundtrip. Every day I see the same faces on the train, and every day on the ride home I see the traffic and feel thankful that I can sit back and enjoy the ride reading my latest book.

I have also been looking for great reusable grocery bags that have a little style to them. I found some great Envirosax bags on Delight.com and Kayla gave me a great bag she found at The Container Store. So far I've spared the dump of more than 20 plastic grocery bags with
my trendy reusable bags.

In my searches for green living I have stumbled upon some great sites/emails that I would recommend for anyone in search of a little green in their lives:
http://www.greenlivingtips.com/

http://www.idealbite.com/

http://www.thegreenguide.com/


Maybe Kermit the Frog had it right, but why not try.
"...it's beautiful and I think it's what I want to be."

No comments: