May 12, 2008

Warp Speed

This weekend felt fulfilling. I don't know if it was a combination of family time and time outside or what?
Friday started off with pizza at Old C's. Jason enjoyed their new flights of beer, while I on the other hand enjoyed eating the cherries out of my Shirley Temple.
Saturday I had been craving to get out and get my patio cleaned up with some new flowers planted. We headed to Wal-Mart, where I picked up a few flowers. Then we wanted to go to the Cherry Creek Farmers market, but the wind was blowing so hard and the rain was starting to spit we decided to just skip it and drive North. We stopped at Costco looking for flowers, and instead ended up leaving with 4 pounds of strawberries and two books. We then headed to Sears Grand and I LOVED their flowers. The had great flowers, strong flowers, flowers that looked like they had been on steroids for the past month. Got a couple more things there. Then headed to lunch at Famous Dave's and I just love their side salad and corn bread muffins - it was great. Then finally made a stop at Home Depot where I found a pretty hanging basket for mom and one for myself. Lastly stopped at DaveCo, the largest liquor store in the world to pick up a couple things with a gift card we had. In the afternoon I battled the hail to get my flower boxes planted.
Sunday was all about my Mom. I headed over there early, made some caprese salad for lunch and some strawberry angel food cake for a snack, did a little scrapbooking and then cooked a great dinner with her and my father. The evening was spent picking up my house and watching a little TV while doing laundry.

Tonight I must not forget to bring all my newly potted plants inside as tomorrow is supposed to bring snow and cold temps to the city. Snow in May? Really, can't it be summer already?

No comments: