Oct 25, 2009

Wonderful Weekends

Oh this weekend, as they all are, was wonderful.

Friday night we were planning to cook dinner but decided to through that idea to the wind and go out to dinner. The weekends are such a great thing to celebrate and eating out is always another reason to celebrate. We tried a new burger place that just opened up by our house, Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Some of you may know of this place as it seems to have many locations in the South. It has a very limited menu - reminded me of In and Out in that fashion. They don't have milkshakes which I noted as a huge downfall - who doesn't love a milkshake when they are already going all out and eating burgers and fries?! We tried their Cajun fries and Jas loved them, I on the other hand thought I would have preferred the original fries. But, all in all, we will probably go back some day to have more Burgers and Fries.
Saturday I headed to my parents house to meet up with my mom and mother-in-law for some scrapbooking time. We are all working on wedding albums, and I just can't wait to have mine finished. I would guess I'm about halfway. Saturday night Jason and I again shoved dinner one more time to enjoy some Pho at a little Pho joint down the street. I've been feeling like I'm catching some cold, so the hot soup did me good - plus you can't beat having leftovers for lunch the next day.

Sunday we ran about 100 errands. Home Depot for paint samples, Dollar Tree for paint drop clothes, Goodwill to scout for a old but new to me desk, Michael's for a picture frame, Scrapbook store for photo corners, grocery store, and maybe even a few more places I'm forgetting.

We came home and Jason installed two new lights in the house (that will be detailed in another post) and I worked on my scrapbook some more following a brief nap.

Now, back to Monday, but it is a short week here for me. I'm taking a few days off this week to catch up on things around the house. Wish I was telling you I'm planning an exotic getaway, but it is more a staycation while Jason works, I'll be painting, orgainzing, cleaning and restoring order to our little house.

May today be the start of a great week.

The very last of the fall mums in the garden.

No comments: